Time: 12:00 - 18:00
Organized by NORA
Join our worksop in Tromsø hosted in collaboration with UiT - The Arctic University of Norway and SFI Visual Intelligence, on April 21st! The workshop will be a hybrid event where you can either attend physically in Tromsø or join us via zoom.
During this NORA.startup workshop, we will discuss the process and importance of commercializing research, and starting companies out of academia - both from a researcher/student perspective and a business perspective. We will explore why it is important to commercialize research, how to get started and what life as a research-entrepreneur entails, processes such as moving from basic research to something that can be financed as a startup, protecting your intellectual property rights, how to disclose inventions and patents to the University and various opportunities for funding to help you succeed in commercializing your research.
We will explore and discuss questions such as:
- Why should a researcher/student think about starting a company - what’s in it for them?
- How can one merge an academic and entrepreneurial mindset?
- How to assess the opportunity of commercializing your research?
- How to build and define an IP and commercialization strategy?
- How to bring a research-based product to the market?